Monday, August 2, 2010

It starts TODAY!

Today is the day I start on my quest to be a better mommy and a better wife. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a BAD mommy or wife, but things have completely gotten away from me. When exactly it happened, I'm not sure, but I hope it just really started with the onset of this 4th pregnancy with all the nausea and exhaustion. Now at 15 weeks pregnant, settling into my 2nd trimester, I'm feeling better and have more energy and it is time to rethink things.

My goal is to go back to that active, playful, busy mommy that I was when I just had Logan (who is now 5 1/2 year old already). I want to have more of a schedule and plan fun actvities (and actually do them) with the boys on a daily basis. We have passes to the San Antonio Zoo and to Sea World, the Library and a park are just down the street, and there are so many other fun actvities that I know I can do with the kids on a regular basis. I WILL start doing these things and figuring out how it will all work with Logan starting kindergarten this year and with a new baby coming in January of next.

There are things I'll have to overcome to achieve my goal of being a better mommy, and blogging about it may seen counter productive since the biggest thing that stands is my way is this silly little laptop and all the websites that I access on it. But I feel that being able to come on here and show to the world (or whatever few followers I may get) will be motivation enough to keep going and to get back to the wonderful mommy my boys deserve and that I know I can be. So to Cafemom, Facebook and Myspace I say BUHBYE! Ok I can't really cut those sites out of my life but I am definitely going to be limiting my time on them. My computer will be OFF and put up for most of the day from now on. And the TV... oh my wonderful TV... I don't know what it is that I sit and watch all day but I'm done with it (as are the boys). A few of the educational shows for the boys in the morning and then I can watch a few shows in the evening... maybe a movie during the day if we want... but that's it! From now on the TV will be playing music, that should help keep my butt off the couch and interacting with the boys.

I know that my whole family will benefit from a new me. My house will be cleaner, my boys will be happier and listen better and that will make me less stressed and give my husband a happier home to spend time in. This quest, this journey I embark on now, will be life long and ever changing. As life changes and new challenges arise I will have to learn and adapt and I am up for the challenge and I hope the people that choose to read my blog will enjoy this journey as much as I will.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful plan!!! Good luck, being the best parent we can be is definately hard!

    ReplyDelete