Thursday, April 11, 2013

ORC day #2

Wow! Did I really make it?!? I guess maybe I am calling it a little early as I am still sitting here (at 9pm) struggling to get the 2 littles to quiet down to sleep, but so far I only yelled at the tball game and that was to cheer on my awesome baseball player! I didn't yell at Logan when I noticed that he had cut holes in his jeans. I didn't yell at Logan when he lied that he couldn't find his homework and had in fact hidden it in the closet. And I'm not yelling now.

For now I sit outside the boys room listening as the 2 little boys alternate between discussing and acting like monsters. And then racing to go potty. I know typical bedtime suggestions are to not let them go once they have been tucked and you have taken care of that before bed (which we do) but when you have a potty training 2 year old and a 3 year old bed wetter we like to encourage always going when we need to. Granted, they are in pull ups just in case, but I'd rather them go in the potty then sleep in pee.

Anyway... Enough with the potty tangent!

Here I am, an hour after I tucked the boys into bed and 2 still awake and I haven't done more than raise my voice slightly! YAY me! I have actually found that this has helped me stay calmer. I just have to keep it in check and not let the desire to scream at the top of my lungs get to me. I think the boys were happier today too, evidenced by the way CJ did such an amazing job at tball (another HUGE struggle). I really have to make this work, I just have to! Not just for the boys well being but for my sanity! There has to be a better way and I am finding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment