Friday, April 19, 2013

So Blessed

Right now, this past week, has been a very tragic time for America, and Boston, MA in particular. Being so far away it's hard to really grasp all the horror and I feel so blessed that my boys are safe tonight in our home. Both of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects are either dead or in police custody so that is two less insane and dangerous people off the streets.

It's times like these that make it easier not to yell at my boys. I look at them with different colored lenses. Yes, they can make me nuts but they are mine, and they are here, and they love me with all that they are.

So after a fun filled day at the park with good friends and tasty snacks we snuggle up on couch with some popcorn and a movie and just... Be.

There is nothing more important that the time that we have with our loved ones. You never truly know how much time you will have together. Tomorrow may not come so we must live for the moment. We mustn't dwell on the negative in the day, but instead look to the positive. Look into the eyes of our little ones and see that undying love and affection. And most importantly, we must reciprocate.

Our babies aren't babies for long, time goes so fast and in a blink they are grown. Don't spend these days wondering if your kids know how much you love them. Make sure that you do everything you can each and every day to SHOW them, to TELL them, to ENVELOP them in your love. Cuddle them. Kiss them. Tell them those short, but oh so meaningful words, "I love you". Every day. They need it. You need it. And it is the most important thing you can ever do for them.

So here I sit. Up past bedtime with my four amazing little boys. I know they will fight me going to sleep tonight, but who cares? I love them and they love me. And in the end, that's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment