Friday, September 28, 2012

"working" mom

As if juggling school work and home isn't enough, and I didn't think a part time job was enough work, I am now about to start my 6th week of student teaching. OK. OK. I am not technically working, it's not really a job since I'm not getting paid... and I'm not doing it because I am really choosing to do so, but because I HAVE to in order to finish with my masters program. That said, I guess I could have put it off, but I already had pushed it back a few months and I was ready to get it done and over with.

All I can say is WOW! I don't know how people do it, to be a family with 2 working parents. I am so lucky that my husband is staying home with the boys during the day while I am working (saving us on daycare costs) and he is keeping up pretty well with the house work (for a man *wink*). But by the time I get home (almost 5pm most nights) and we have dinner, that my super awesome husband makes...well... he's been slacking a bit but that's another story... I hardly have time to see the boys or relax or do my homework let alone to clean. Truth be told I should probably be cleaning up right now. Hubby is upstairs putting the boys to bed and normally this would be my time to shower and pick out my outfit for the next day... Thank goodness it's Friday night so I don't have to deal with that. Instead here I sit, in a living room in shambles next to a kitchen that is a mess, in silence enjoying the little bit of peace.

I have to admit that I love student teaching. Since I was a little girl I have always known that was what I wanted to do with my life. Special education is a little different from how I invisioned my teaching career but I actually am really enjoying it. My cooperating teacher is awesome and I love everyone I have worked with. And I am so awesome they all want me to stay ;) OK maybe not but I am proud of my accomplishments and for the sacrifice I am making being away from my babies to go for my dreams. I am, however, looking forward to the end of student teaching when we get a looooong family vacation and then I get to stay home with my boys again for a while before I go to work for real (it will be so nice to get PAID to do what I love!)

No comments:

Post a Comment