Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Welcoming Jameson!

On Friday, January 21, 2011 I was 40 weeks 1 day pregnant (going by the later estimated due date) and I had an appointment with my Dr. She ended up not seeing that day but the Dr. that delivered Wyatt came in. She checked me and we talked a little bit and it turns out she was going to be on call that weekend so would be delivering Jameson if I went into labor. I was 4cm and everything was looking good, just waiting on the baby. She stripped my membranes and off I went. My Mother-in-Law was still in town and hoping that little Mr. Stubborn would make his appearance before she left on Monday. She was a savior the 10 days she was here helping keep the house clean and feeding all of us so I could relax a bit. After my appointment I picked Logan up from school and we came home and got ready to go to dinner. I wanted PF Changs! I pigged out and came home. It took me a while to get to sleep but I finally fell asleep around midnight, only to be woken up by my husband at about 1:40am. He was on his computer watching some movies and his cord was  making noise. After that I just couldn't get back to sleep. I was having a little bit of pain so around 2am I decided to start timing. I thought I was crazy because the first few were only about 1 1/2 minutes apart, but it wasn't really hurting so I just kept timing. As usual with my contractions they jumped around a lot but by 3am we had decided we were probably going to go to Labor & Delivery just to be safe (since we waited too long with Wyatt and almost had him in the car). I estimated that for the most part my "contractions" were around 2 minutes apart, but they still weren't really hurting me, they were just annoying. At about 3:45 or so we left the house. When we got to the hospital I walked in and was fine, got changed and checked and was suprised that I was dilated to about 5-6cm (at least the annoying contractions were doing SOMETHING!) and they took me over to a room, that was at about 4:15am. My contractions were showing up on the monitor and starting to hurt a little more, but not too bad, still more annoying than anything. At 4:50 the Dr. arrived and checked me (7cm) and broke my water. Slowly but surely the contractions got a little worse but it wasn't until about 6:30am when she checked me again, stretched out the last little bit to get me to 10cm and I felt for sure ready to push that it really started hurting. Honestly I regret that I hadn't just taken a deep breath and waited before trying to push because I know I wasn't quite ready at that point. But I was hurting and ready to get things going. Also turns out that his shoulders were pretty broad and he was turned a little funny so those took a bit to get out. If I had focused more I could have done it in a lot less time but I think all the waiting around in the hospital made me antsy. Either way at 6:40am I had my sweet baby Jameson in my arms! He was so sweet and I just got to hold him while they cleaned him, cut the cord and delivered the placenta. The nurses were all saying how awesome I did and how amazing it was that I had no pain medication or anything. I felt like it wasn't that great though because Wyatt only took 1 push and CJ was like 5.

So now we welcome into the world and into our family our 4th gorgeous baby boy!

Jameson Charles Carter
Born on Saturday, January 22, 2011
At 6:40 am
Weighing 7lbs 15oz
Measuring 21in

No comments:

Post a Comment