Monday, December 31, 2012

Peace

I know it is on the controversial side, but I found such a moment of peace and bliss just moments ago when all the boys were sitting watch TV. We have been cutting back on TV time but when they play it ends up with more fighting and less playing within minutes.

So on went the TV and in I went to the kitchen. I turned up the radio and set the baby up on the counter next to me as I set to work making meatballs for dinner tonight. It is early in the day so I felt no rush to get things done and could just enjoy the music drifting out of the radio and the soft sound of rain drops dripping outside. I suppose part of my good mood could come from the fact that I absolutely adore the rain, the sound, the smell, the way everything looks in the cloudy light, rainy days are my favorite. The boys were so quiet and engulfed in the Disney show, I got lost in the peace and felt incredibly relaxed. Cooking and baking, I'm doing so with out any kind of time constraint, is one of my favorite things in the world.

Unfortunately, before finishing the baby got cranky and his cries burst my peace bubble. It was nice while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment