Thursday, January 3, 2013

Inital Name Art


My second oldest son's name is Caleb but we call him by his initials, CJ. When he was a baby I got the letters for initials as a gift. His color scheme was green and white so I had always left them alone. For a while now I wanted to color them and make them different. Today an idea came to me, I would make each initial have his name on it so it was his initials AND his first and middle names! I am really not all that artistic, as much as I like to pretend I am, but I did the bet I could. I painted the backgrounds of each letter and then used a stencil to paint the letters of each name on the letter for the initial. While they didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked, I think they are pretty cute! Maybe one day I will work on it and have some patience and make them perfect. For now they will get popped up on the wall just like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment