Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sonic the Hedgehog Party!!

When my oldest son decided on a Sonic party for his 8th birthday I have to admit I was a little nervous. I had no idea what foods to do to fit the theme or how on Earth I was going to make Sonic cupcakes. So of course I did what any mother would do... I headed off to google images and spent many hours scrolling through pages on Pinterest to get ideas!

We decided on Funyuns as the golden rings that Sonic collects and Logan also asked for pineapple rings so I tossed some of those into some blue Hawaiian Punch hoping they would float at the top (they didn't). I asked Logan what Sonic likes to eat and he informed me, with great certainty, that he loved to eat chili dogs... No way was going to make chili dogs for an 8 year old boys birthday party! TOO MESSY. But the idea dawned on me that I could maybe make some with the lil' smokies franks and crescent rolls!

I set out, again, to google. I couldn't really find a "recipe" to show that it was a successful idea so I decided to just wing it (I probably wouldn't have followed a recipe anyways). They were actually a really big hit and only 3 ingredients. Crescent rolls, lil' smokies franks, and a can of chili. I laid out the rolls and used a pizza cutter to slice it to a size I thought would roll the weenies and added a dab of chili and a weenie and rolled them up. I baked them at 350degrees for 11 minutes and they were good to go!

For the cupcakes I just pulled up a picture of Sonic and hoped for the best as I drew his face with icing free hand. I also created a game that was Pinspired and drew Tails from Sonic and cut out some tails to play "Pin the tail on Tails". It was a lot of fun. And I think the party was a big success!

No comments:

Post a Comment