Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bedtime Bliss

Bedtime was no where near perfect last night, but it was so much better and a step in the right direction towards the blissful bedtime I am striving for. After a dry run last night I think I'd decided on a bedtime routine and schedule that should work (although when school starts it MAY have to move up a little bit if Logan is too tired).

7:00-7:30pm - Clean up/do chores (receive reward magnets if completed)
7:30- 7:45pm - Baths/Showers/Teeth and Jammies
7:45-8:00pm - Story time
8:00 - Tucks and Lights out --- hopefully everyone will be asleep no later than 8:30pm

I got them pretty close last night with the exception of Jameson (although he DID fall asleep but woke up again as soon as I laid him down in his crib). That is the hardest part, dealing with Jameson being cranky and wanting to nurse when I can't... Hopefully I can find a way to work that in better than last night.

No screaming or spanking or loosing my mind last night either. I raised my voice a little bit for them to know I was serious and it seems that my calmness rubbed off on them, it was wonderful. I don't know if it helped or not with the bedtime situation but I also had done some stamp art and glue with them before nap time - it was a mess but fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment