Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Pirate Pool Party for Me!

Well, for Wyatt actually :) Today my baby boy #3 turns 2! My-oh-my, where did the past 2 years go??? Since he has the only summer birthday last year we did a pool party and it seemed only right to have another pool party since it's hot and summer! A pirate party seemed like the perfect theme! I set my sights really high on the cake I wanted to make... it seemed simple enough but I'm not skilled enough to have pulled it off the way I wanted. I think it all would have been ok if I didn't have to over work the fondant to get it to be the right colors (and even still my red didn't come out how I wanted) so the fondant started to crack and in the end I just couldn't get it to look how I wanted. But considering it's only my 2nd actual cake using fondant I'd say it turned out OK. Hopefully the buttercream underneath the fondant (a homemade strawberry buttercream MMMMmmm) won't melt too much out in the heat! We may have to start the party with cake and go backwards from now we usually do parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment