Friday, August 6, 2010

Chore Schedule

So by suggestion of my MIL I decided to make a schedule for some chores of mine to help break things up so I don't feel so overwhelmed by laundry and everything. Of course in any household there has to be some things that are done everyday like, dishes, sweeping and straightening the house. The rest of my chores are split up through out the week.

Monday
older boys laundry
mop
windows

Tuesday
younger kids laundry
dust
vacuum

Wednesday
misc. laundry
mop

Thursday
towel laundry
boys bathroom

Friday
our laundry
master bathroom

Saturday
clean toys

Sunday
mop

I'll try this out for a while and see how it goes, what other things need to be done and when to do them. Hopefully having chores spread out will allow more time to play and do activities with the boys during the day and not worrying about what I'm going to clean.

Today is my grandma's birthday (she's 82 years old!) so the boys all drew pictures for her. Logan (5 1/2) did an awesome job writing I love you Mimi Happy Birthday! When the little ones took a nap I had Logan read 3 of his "BOB Books" and he is doing awesome with reading and sounding out his words. Normally he will get really frustrated when he doesn't know a word but he didn't today and just sounded them out and got excited when he figured it out. I think him getting some individual attention when the little ones aren't awake is nice for him. Now to figure out how to give him that special time when he starts school!

No comments:

Post a Comment